Information Technology Manager
Gardewine is a Manitoba company, with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. Since being founded in the northern community of Flin Flon, Gardewine has grown significantly by diversifying within the transportation industry. The most important aspect of Gardewine’s operations is the dedication to their people; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety and health will always come first. We are currently seeking an IT Manager to join their team.
Reporting to the VP Finance, this position will be responsible for all aspects of Information Technology (IT) systems maintenance, development, control, and support. This will include management of staff, projects, systems, hardware, software and related ongoing activities. Major responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to systems development, project management, provision of IT leadership, and customer support.
As the IT Manager you will:
- Manage a team of IT staff with a focus on communication of priorities, expectations, timelines, and performance measures. Determine training and development needs as related to current and future department requirements.
- Oversee all aspects of network administration, help desk resources, hardware purchase /installation, procedure development, training, and system support.
- Working closely with CLI (Carrier Logistics), manage software development requests including updates, alterations, troubleshooting, and projects.
- Ensure a clear understanding exists regarding Gardewine processes and CLI software requirements.
- Manage the ongoing integration, installation, training, and development of handheld technology within identified operating areas.
- Evaluate and implement network security procedures ensuring corporate requirements are met.
- Ongoing review of IT system requirements with the goal of identifying and implementing sound corporate strategies.
You and Your Experience:
- Progressive background in IT systems or project management with a clear track record of successful delivery of required outcomes.
- Hands-on experience managing a team focused on providing technical expertise and/or customer service.
- Demonstrated experience managing IT systems across multiple locations with varying requirements considered an asset.
- Experience sourcing and working with third party vendors.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, able to work under tight timelines and meet deadlines.
Benefits of the organization:
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Retirement packages
- Profit Sharing
Gardewine Group Inc. is comprised of 5 distinct divisions- General Freight, Dedicated Freight, Bulk Freight, Deck Freight and Moving and storage. Working together or individually, these divisions provide a comprehensive range of transportation services. With more than 60 years’ experience in the trucking industry, Gardewine Group Inc. has grown to over 700 trucks and over 1,500 trailers, covering British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec.
To submit your candidacy:
For more information about this career opportunity please call Billy Stewart at 204.938.4048.