TEACHERS K-12: FREE WORKSHOPS - SUB COST COVERED
DigitALL aims to increase digital literacy among non-tech K-12 teachers to improve their skills and methods of reaching learning outcomes in the classroom.
Teachers are the cornerstones to success in the 21st Century workforce. By educating teachers in how to use and leverage technology tools, and adapt to new ways of learning, we will achieve a one-to-many impact across the education system.
- Digital Responsibility (personal health & safety)
- Computational Thinking (problem solving, STEM, coding)
- Collaborative Classrooms (teams, soft skills)
- Innovating Pedagogy (sparking curiosity, investigation, and discovery)
- Life Skills & Workforce Preparation (cooperative work integration)
- Student-led Learning (creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, communication)
- Connecting Guardians and Schools (trust, transparency, participation)
- Emerging Technologies (virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence)
This project will provide opportunities for teachers to develop digital literacy skills which will create a multiplier effect in the schools and communities where they teach. As teachers become more proficient in their skills, they will be able to apply what they’ve learned in their classrooms to create experiential learning opportunities for their students. In addition, the program encourages peer-to-peer learning by developing teachers’ skills in using online collaboration tools. Teachers will better understand how their subject area is affected by digital literacy and they will be able to use some digital tools to teach a wide variety of topics.
Upcoming Teacher Training:
1) Special Area Groups of Educators (SAGE) - October 25, 2019. Come join us at any of the following venues:
- Manitoba Association of Teachers of English (MATE) - Jr. High and High School: Discerning Fake News and Mastering Internet Search Skills. Teachers will leave this session with practical, classroom ready materials that they can use to help students become better internet readers and writers. Find out more here.
- Applied Commerce Educators of Manitoba (ACEM) - Jr. High: Gender parity in STEM careers. How to implement gender parity projects and experiences into the classroom. Find out more here.
- Council of School Leaders (COSL) - Visit our booth for information on how to involve your school or school division in Digital Literacy training for your teachers.
2) Open Training Sessions:
- Winnipeg - Friday, November 15, 2019 - Digital Literacy: Collaboration, student-led learning, and creativity supported by technology - (Note: substitute costs covered by the DigitALL Project) Limited seating. Registration opening soon!
- Thompson - Friday, November 15, 2019 - Topic TBD - (Note: substitute costs covered by DigitALL Project) Limited Seating. Registration opening soon!
- Winnipeg - Friday, February 21, 2020 - Digital Literacy: Digital responsibility, inclusive technology, gender parity in tech jobs - (Note: substitute costs covered by DigitALL Project) Limited seating. Registration opening soon!
3) Want an amazing professional development opportunity? Join in at the DisruptED Conference - January 30-31, 2020. Bring your perspective to the table and leave with new perspectives and great connections. Teaching outcomes and classroom materials will be included. Find out more here.