At DisruptED19, work and education are brought together in a technology conference, unlike any other. As we race towards an unknown future and the world becomes increasingly tech driven, what changes are in store for industry, educators and students? What skills will be valued? How will we work together to adapt?
This conference engages a diverse group of disruptive thinkers including movers, shakers and policy makers. Together, we’ll explore the future of work. This ground breaking two-day conference will spark meaningful conversations about how to create a stronger, more successful future for youth, employees and employers, one that embraces technology as a tool for improvement.
Last year, over 700 industry leaders, educators and youth participated in the DisruptED conference. Exit surveys showed that over 90% of attendees would return to this informative and influential event.
Stay tuned and visit www.educationdisrupted.ca for conference updates! #DisruptED19
WHEN: January 31, 2019 - February 1, 2019, 8:00am - 3:00pm
WHERE: RBC Convention Centre, York Ballroom, 375 York Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3C 3J3
Industry/Government: Individual Pass $475
K-12/University/College: Individual Pass $425
Student: Individual Pass $125
Industry/Government: Shared Pass $500
K-12/University/College: Shared Pass $450
Student: Shared Pass $150
* Shared Pass allows multiple individuals to attend the conference using the same badge, provided only one individual is using the badge at one time. Please note you must have your pass to gain entry. Shared passes can be left at the registration table for pick up.
* Full refunds will be issued for cancellations received prior to January 20th. A substitution from the same organization is possible at any time prior to the conference at no charge. All cancellations and substitutions must be sent to email@example.com.
DETAILS: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 204-944-0533
- When: January 31st and February 1st, 2019. Registration and doors open at 8am, and we should be wrapping up each day by 3:00pm. When you arrive, please line up at the registration desk corresponding to the first letter in your last name, and have your ticket ready to present. Note for speakers: you have a separate registration table and should not line up by name.
- Entry: You must bring your unique ticket (printed or mobile) for event access. Please present your ticket at registration to retrieve your nametag which will be your key to the event. If you don’t have your ticket, please re-check your email — including your spam folder! If you bring ID we can find you on our list, but your ticket will help speed things up and avoid errors.
- Parking: There are two lots at the Convention Centre, both accessible off Carlton. This nearby parking costs approximately $20 for the day, but there are other lots downtown that are close too — we’ve got a map for additional downtown parking to help you out. Please note that parking at a meter on the street is $4/hour and has time limits that will impede your ability to enjoy the day when you have to move your vehicle and re-feed the meter.
- Transit: We’re also on or close to almost all of the major bus routes that hit downtown Winnipeg. You can use Winnipeg Transit’s route planner to confirm your routes and times.
- Dress: Most people tend toward business casual. You should wear whatever makes you comfortable and best represents who you are, whether that be jeans, a suit or a dress. A sweater is recommended as the room may be cool from time to time.
- Food: Breakfast and lunch will be provided as well as coffee, tea and water throughout the day. If you have any dietary restrictions, please bring some snacks. We will do our best to ensure we’ve covered options for common allergies/restrictions but it’s better to be safe than sorry!
- What to Bring:
- An open mind: Talk to the person next to you, in front of you, or behind you. Play that game. Ask a speaker a question. You never know where a conversation will lead!
- A pen. We have not- taking space in the program, or you can bring your favorite notebook.
- Your mobile device of choice. Free WiFi is available, and we will encourage you spread what you see and hear online, in real-time.
*Remember a coat room will be available, however, there are no lockers on site. Please store your belongings carefully and at your own risk.
- Powering up: Charging stations will be available.
- Day-Of Help: If you have questions please visit the registration table to speak with one of our staff members. Volunteers will also have nametags indicating that they are a volunteer who can help point you in the right direction or answer questions.