Get your VIP pass to success!
Computer and networking classes from Cisco can help make it happen.
You’re communicating, socializing, researching, playing, creating, exploring.
Chances are, you’re doing it on some kind of network.
But if you think digital networks are pervasive now, just wait. By 2015, there will be 15 billion global network connections — twice as many as there are people on Earth.
Learning about networks will give you lots of options. Because your future will be running on them.
With the right network skills, you can embark on an exciting and well-paying career in ICT (information and communications technology). Or you can bring those vital skills to an internship or job in some other industry. You might even catch the entrepreneurial spirit and start your own network-based company.
Get a VIP pass to your future by enrolling in Cisco Networking Academy classes offered at many community colleges and universities near you.
Become a network insider.
Networking skills are in high demand. The mass of digital information grew 5000% in the last decade, but the number of ICT professionals is expected to increase by only 1.5% over the next 10 years. That means opportunities will proliferate. Consider just a few possibilities:
- Network-driven smart grids are greening the power industry—good news for the planet.
- Advanced video-conferencing systems reduce business travel.
- Specialized networks are revolutionizing video and graphics.
- Global companies run their entire operations on networks, from designing and manufacturing to sales and support.
- Nonprofit organizations work to solve social problems worldwide, using innovative networks to enable positive change.
- Cloud computing empowers software as a service, data center virtualization, and more.
- Schools and universities rely on networks. So do local governments, small businesses and home offices.
Set yourself apart.
Courses can lead to a Cisco certification—an impressive addition to your resumé or grad school app. Open the door to an exhilarating and opportunity-rich future.
Visit www.cisco.com/go/netacad/usc and click on Students. Use the Academy Locator to find out if Cisco classes are offered at your college (or nearby). See what’s happening in the Cisco Networking Academy community:
What to expect
Learn by doing. Our courses feature simulations, hands-on labs, and gaming— you may get inspired, and you won’t get bored.
Extend your reach. No matter what your major, these classes will add to your personal skill set. Our diverse graduate population proves that you don’t have to be a techie to succeed.
Join a community. Connect online with Cisco students in 165 countries around the world.
Make a difference. Here’s your chance to build expertise that has a real impact. Knowledge is power. Especially useful, marketable knowledge.
Equalize Opportunity. Women are assuming an ever-growing role in the technology sphere. Networking Academy aims to reinforce that trend by preparing women for positions in ICT and other careers where networking skills are highly rewarded.
It’s your future.